Thursday, January 12, 2017

New Year

It's 2017! A year I kind of never thought I'd see.

Elise is 3.5 years old and at an age where she is finally making real, lasting memories. Since before she was born I think about how long I'd have to make it for her to have memories of me. Morbid? Yes, but true.

Fall 2016

 It's been 3.5 years since my mastectomy/ I'm rounding the bend to it being  years since I was diagnosed. And I'm finally sliding down the steeper part of this survival curve.

TNBC Study Results

Since I never really expected to live this long I've been doing a lot of soul searching recently about what I really want from life. Like what do I really want from my career? If I can have more kids do I really want them? What about adoption? What kind of house should we buy? I guess kind of normal 30-something questions about life.

I did make a decision about one thing! After growing my hair out for 3 years I decided to stop and leave it at collarbone length. I realized it was one of my favorite lengths (and I've not had them all) and it's easy to maintain, so I decided to stop there.

Christmas 2016
It's 2017. Prayers for another healthy year are always appreciated.

6 comments:

  1. I always look forward to your posts. SO glad to see you are well and pics of your sweet family. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoooooo for 2017 and more time away from diagnosis!!

    I can't believe how big your daughter is getting! And those curls! She is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you! I don't really pray, but I think of you often and wish for nothing but good things for you and your family. I LOVE your hair that way, of course you're beautiful- so it looks good anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kirsten,

    I’m the Community Manager with Anagram Interactive, where we specialize in connecting established brands with prominent bloggers. We’re currently working with Paperless Post, a company that designs customizable online and printed stationery, to show that communication can be personal and well-designed regardless of the medium.

    Paperless Post has partnered with several world-famous designers and lifestyle brands, including kate spade new york, Oscar de la Renta, Jonathan Adler, and Rifle Paper Co., and has delivered over 85 million cards to date. Since you have such an engaging and beautifully-designed blog, we’d like to offer you 400 Paperless Post digital Coins (a $50 value) for free to try out our online service and write about your experience.

    We really think you’ll enjoy Paperless Post and can’t wait to hear what you think. Please let me know if this is something you’d be interested in and I’ll show you how to get started.

    Best,
    Ann
    ann@anagraminteractive.com

    ReplyDelete