Thursday, May 16, 2013

Life Lately

Just a little update on my life since I've not posted in a while...

I'm actually feeling really good three weeks post-chemo. If I still had my hair, I wouldn't even remember that I'd gone through 4 rounds of chemo already. I thank God all the time that I've felt this good during treatment and can enjoy my life with my friends and family.
Out to dinner with friends last weekend

I'm almost 37 weeks pregnant, which means I'm almost full term! I never imagined we'd make it this far. Now I'm just praying and praying baby girl stays healthy and comes out when she feels ready sometime in the next couple of weeks. We have another growth ultrasound next week that I am excited and anxious for. I think she's still growing well because I feel a lot bigger.
This was actually at 35w, I'm bigger now I think

I've been walking a lot for both my health and because I hear that can make babies "drop" and get ready to be born. I do 1.5-3 miles a day depending on how I feel. Last weekend I did a 5k walk for Miracle Babies with a couple of other beautiful moms-to-be. So fun!
Due in August, due in June, due that day!

I celebrated my first Mother's Day as a Mom (to be). We celebrated by having a giant brunch on top of Symphony Towers at the University Club with my parents. It was amazing! Jonathan gave me me the sweetest card that made me cry. I pray this is the first of many many Mother's Days that we get to spend as a family.
The view
Parents to be
Me and my Mom

I'm finishing up my last week of work before maternity leave this week. My company has been so great letting me work part time from home during chemo. My plan is to return to work in the fall after I have surgery for the cancer (which unfortunately means a longer leave than just maternity leave). In the fall I may try to work while doing radiation since I hear that's doable. It's so crazy to think about being away from work for ~5 months. I never taken a break from work or school this long in my life. Strange.

As my big pre-baby project, I've been trying to complete all my digital scrapbooks from prior years before we have an onslaught of baby pictures to albumize. I make my layouts in Photoshop Elements and then get the books printed by Blurb. It's fun but takes a long time. My goal is to finish 2011-2012 by the time the baby arrives and I'm half-way through 2011. You can preview my 2010 book that I just finished here. I love looking at my parents pictures from before I was born and I hope that someday my daughter will like having these books too (she can see how FUN we used to be!).

That's about it for life lately! I'll post updates later next week after the oncologist checkup appointment and growth ultrasound. Thank you for all of your continued prayers for health for me and our little one! I know God is hears them.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're feeling well before baby arrives.... and those photo books are such an undertaking! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good mama! Good idea on the photo books, I'm trying to put together Hudson's first year and oh my word the photos! I swear we have thousands! :) We're still praying for you guys and that sweet girl. I hope you have a easy last few weeks of pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fantastic (of course!). I use Blurb for our books, too. I love them. Anxiously awaiting the arrival of this girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for putting together those photo books! I need to do the same thing....maybe I'll get around to it one day!

    So glad you had a nice Mother's Day and and you're still able to get out and keep walking. Praying for you and that baby daily :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so cute in that maxi dress! Glad you're feeling so well and praying for a healthy and easy delivery:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I've been reading your blog for a few months now :) I'm not a stalker LOL I just wanted to tell you how amazed I am by your courage and that I've added y'all to my prayer list. Rock on girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete